Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ten random things

I've really been enjoying the random things posts I've been reading lately, Annie's and Gillian's for example, so I thought I'd stick in my two penneth worth.


1.  There's a dead bee in my kitchen.  It's one of many things found by small boys and identified immediately as treasure that must be kept.  Along with feathers, sticks, stones, shells and loads of sea glass.

2.  When we were cycling down through Spain on our way to Morocco we stopped at a nice campsite.  I don't speak much Spanish.  The desk person kept asking, "Naturiste?"  I kept saying "Si".  I eventually worked out what it meant during an awkward conversation with about a dozen naked older people who'd been playing boules but who came over to welcome the new arrivals.  In retrospect, I should have got there quicker.

3.  I bought a nice dress in a charity shop the other day.  Silk, size 10, pale duck egg blue and light grey, sleeveless.  It's to wear to a wedding next month.  Now all I need are shoes, a bag, something to wear round my shoulders and something to wear on my head.  Oh yes, and I'm not a size 10.

4.  I'm an eternal optimist.

5.  I love salty snacks.  Crisps, nuts, olives, bombay mix.  Yeah baby.

6.  I just ate a packet of spicy tomato flavour Wheat Crunchies.

7.  When I was barely eighteen I got a job in a city centre bar.  When I arrived they handed me an extremely scanty rubber dress and told me to put it on and start work.

8.  I've loved gardening and knitting and sewing and making things since I was little.  It's been wonderful and inspirational to find so many like-minded people in the blogosphere.  They are few and far between in real life I find.

9.  Not long after we bought our first (new-to-us) car, I took it to a car wash as it was filthy.  I drove in and waited for the wash.  The brushes started to roll, then suddenly they whomped down onto the top of the car with a huge bang.  I managed to get the window open and feel over the roof.  Yep, I'd left the aerial up.  The brushes were locked down over the car doors.  There was a huge queue behind me of people waiting to use the now jammed car wash.  A very kindly taxi driver behind me got the woman in charge.  Eventually they got the brushes up.  The aerial was all curly and twanged bouncily off of the brushes.  The car wash was no longer functional.  People were trying to back out of the garage into the main road (into Bath).  It looked a little chaotic.  The woman in charge asked me to go into the office.  I followed her, trying to imagine how much a new car washing machine would cost.  She apologised that I wouldn't be able to wash the car today, and gave me a token so that I could go back another time.  I didn't ever go back.

10. I think I need to go on a diet.  Not today though.  Today I am having more crisps.

Have a good weekend lovely people.  The weather here is set fair, so there will no doubt be lots of outsiding and shorts and maybe even ice cream.  Oh but life is good is it not?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar