Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Sister's Birthday & Girl Scouts of America's

Today is March 12th 2012 , also know as the Girl Scouts of American  founding day by Juliette Gordon Low Savannah Georgia birthplace. This is their 100th birthday. I have been to her house once years ago while visiting Savannah Georgia. I am sure this week in Savannah their is lots of visitors.

I had a sister born on this day and the Girl Scouts in my home town Mt Vernon Illinois decided to adopt the first baby born on this special day. By adopting meaning they would throw this child a big birthday party every year until the child was 6 years old honoring the child because it was born on this special day .

My sister Elizabeth Paulette ( Libby)  was the first baby born  on March 12 th so every year through her 6th birthday all the Brownie and Girl Scout troops met in  designated place and gave her a party including cake ,ice cream and a gift from each troop. I loved seeing what all she got every year. She always got some kind of bunny I remember.
Here is a picture taken on her 4th birthday . I am in the picture also standing next to her the cake is in front of me (ahhhhhhhhh)

 

My Brownie & Girl Scouts pins, so glad my Mom kept them . My sister has an entire picture albumn of all her Girl Scout birthday parties.
Can you believe we sold our Girl Scout cookis for 35 cents a box? I am almost telling my age LOL
Can you guess what year this picture was taken?


                                                           

Yesterday   a girl friend and I did a little vintage shop shopping then went to an estate sale and I spotted a velvet box that caught my eye since I like velvet boxes. They are just so Victorian looking to me I love the old ring boxes

            
                                            

                                               Alta

                                                              

   love the key hole and ornate corners

                                                    
 a few other boxes I have collected

                                                    
I love the fasteners on these boxes they are always so ornate, the bottom in this picture is a small picture albumn


Inside of my new box and my favoriate painted procelain pin

                                                  




Linky parties for the week


Boogieboard Cottage
Coastal Charm  
Knick of Time
REDNESDAY        
Ivy & Elephants    
Bunny Jeans
The French Cupboard

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar