I really miss our local greengrocer store. Sadly they ceased trading in the summer. They could no longer compete with Aldi Asda and Morrisons in the vicinity. The garden has given up the last of the summer bounty so it is time to go and shop for some vegetables. The farm shops around our area are a bit pretentious and pricey so I think it will be Aldi super six and whatever is cheap and in season. I once went on holiday on the Lincolnshire coast. On the way home we stocked up with veg to take home. Many farms sell sacks of potatoes and there are farm shops everywhere. It was wonderful. The sack I bought were the best potatoes I have ever tasted. In the Cotswolds the farm shops operate around tourism so it is a shame that the lovely food that is farmed here has to be so expensive.
I have had the multi fuel burner chimney swept today. The log store is full and coal store too. I am
ready for winter but the weather seems so warm. I feel better when the sun is out so tomorrow I will venture out and about.
We had planned to take the van away for a break but storm Brian arrived last weekend. The campsite we had booked rang up and advised us that as they were expecting winds between 60 and 70 mph we might want to reconsider. Our van is 3 meters high so it wouldnt have been sensible. They refunded our money and were very professional. We will definitely use their site in the future. The seaside visits will continue when we can. In the meantime it is out with the junk food and in with the fresh stuff. The walking boots are ready. Tomorrow is a new start.

0 Yorumlar