Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

October ... ing











Time is whizzing by at the speed of light and most evenings I fall asleep wondering where it all went. I make sure to sit down every evening and spend a few minutes to a couple of hours stitching my ice cream soda blocks together. I might watch the telly or listen to a podcast or book. I like my days ending the same way every day, it helps to remain grounded and sets me up for good night's sleep.

Making peace with autumn, one day at a time. The colours are beautiful, I do love the rich tones that nature puts on display at this time of year. My garden is full of vibrant shades of yellow, my happy colour.

Cooking (heart) warming and nourishing dishes. I made a most delicious toad in the hole last week with big fat juicy sausages. The macaroni & cheese with added fresh sweetcorn was also really good. I blitzed the cheese sauce with my hand blender and it was the smoothest every cheese sauce I made.

Wondering what to do with our apple harvest. I check most days for windfall but usually the slugs and insects get there first. I don't like apples much but I have been eating at least one a day...

Quilting long, long lines diagonally across Sam's moving-out quilt. He needs it soon. The flat he shares with friends does not have central heating, just a collection of moveable heaters that consume a lot of electricity. Sam has already re-homed three wooly blankets one, too.

Thinking of saving up for a new sewing machine, one that has more space to the right of the presser foot and an integrated needle threader. Strong LED lights and variable speed are also on my wish list. I don't want 140 different stitches but that does not seem an option. My current and rather fancy machine is ok but it is really difficult to get the tension right and the stitches are a bit wonky, too. I have started using a little Janome workhorse I bought second hand for the kids. It makes a neater stitch than my own machine.

Making myself go out running when the weather really demands a blanket wrap, a steaming cup of spiced tea and a good book.

Enjoying my brand new (online) course. Students are way more engaged than I expected and I am really pleased with the thoughtful and clever contributions on our online discussion boards. We are starting week 3 and I am almost certain that my learning has been as intense as that of the students.

Listening to "Have you seen Luis Velez" by Catherine Ryan Hyde. It is enjoyable, light hearted and life affirming. Also listening to Woman's Hour and The Life Scientific (both on BBC Radio 4).

Feeling really excited about our upcoming trip to Turkey. Just a few more sleeps!

Looking forward to reading a whole pile of books during the October break. Poolside. My Kindle has been confiscated

How is your October turning out? Thanks for stopping by. I am very sorry to be such an infrequent commenter on everyone else's blog. I hope I can carve out some blog time soon xx

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar