Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Clouds and the journey home. . . . . . . . . .



I took these photos with my iPhone as we flew into Washington D.C.  
last Thursday evening. The flight from New Hampshire was smooth
 and the cloud formations just stunning.




The Pentagon and Potomac River



Northern Virginia 


Coming home from a trip, especially when flying is involved, is always
 full of nostalgia for me.  
Each time I land I give thanks for the safe passage, then, if necessary, 
as on that evening, I head to the next flight gate, or the lounge if time permits, 
and settle in for the layover. That evening our flight from Washington to
Raleigh was delayed 2 hours - crew problems - so a comfy lounge wait as
 dusk turned to night was manageable. Eventually, the last thanks for safe travel
 were given as familiar territory appeared below the wing, the landing was good,
 the bags appeared quickly, and the taxi took us home.

There's no place like home, is there?


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar