Part 2 of our Christmas shopping trip to Killarney. We spotted this statue on Saturday. It was erected in 1940 and the sculptor was Seamus Murphy.
I think it's the mark of a great country when it's poets are commemorated.
Do you think poetry is important? I do.
I read a on a poem publishers website the other day stating that it doesn't buy poems. They pay poets for the number of books they sell. What ever happened to the advance?
Who is your favourite poet? Do you write poems? I do some times. Culture on a Monday afternoon.
PS. Are you watching the Turner film on Channel Four tonight? It's on for nearly three hours - yawn! It stars Timothy Spall. I can only picture him in Auf Wiedersehen Pet Playing the Midlands character Barry bragging about the time he won the the West Bromwich Second Division Table Tennis League. Seriously. It's supposed to be excellent. Will try and post tomorrow!
I think it's the mark of a great country when it's poets are commemorated.
Do you think poetry is important? I do.
I read a on a poem publishers website the other day stating that it doesn't buy poems. They pay poets for the number of books they sell. What ever happened to the advance?
Who is your favourite poet? Do you write poems? I do some times. Culture on a Monday afternoon.
PS. Are you watching the Turner film on Channel Four tonight? It's on for nearly three hours - yawn! It stars Timothy Spall. I can only picture him in Auf Wiedersehen Pet Playing the Midlands character Barry bragging about the time he won the the West Bromwich Second Division Table Tennis League. Seriously. It's supposed to be excellent. Will try and post tomorrow!

0 Yorumlar