Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Vita Chambers' "Fix You" - Single Review



     In March 2010, I decided to give one of the iTunes' Free Song of the Week a chance. The track was entitled "Young Money" by a young female artist by the name of Vita Chambers. Not knowing who the young lady was, I must be honest and say the song was far from a masterpiece. "Young Money" had a nice beat and featured impressive vocals, but fell flat thanks to mediocre songwriting which weighed the entire thing down. Chambers soon released her debut EP which came and went without much buzz, but after two and a half years, the artist has returned to the music scene in a very big way. Chambers has shed her somewhat past rock sound and surprisingly blossomed into a beautiful, electropop queen overnight. Her new single is an infectious, club track that holds more meaning than it should. Try not to get hooked after only one listen.

     "Fix You", officially released in December 2012, just recently caught my eye and I'm glad I did not let this effort pass me by. The song starts off just as any normal mid-tempo, dance/pop ballad would, but then, 30 seconds in, something happens and things change for the better. Listeners are able to experience the impressive vocal range Chambers is capable of and every other song automatically seems obsolete. "God I wish you'll let me in, I've forgiven all your sins", the artist sings just before the climatic chorus and dance floor-ready breakdown. Chambers is trying to take the one she loves away from all the pain and troubles. It is a raw, emotional plea to the one who currently holds her heart. While it may seems to follow a structure similar to songs dominating Top 40 radio right now, this piece is something new and fresh.

     Some artists fear the word "reinvention", but I feel it can breathe new life into their career and show a completely different side of their talent. Chambers path to success may have started off bumpy, however, the new dance diva seems to have the vocal chops, attitude and drive to create a winning formula this time around. If the heartbreaking track isn't enough for you, be sure to check out the accompanying music video which has an ending that brought a huge smile to my face. I'll say it right now, I won't be surprised once "Fix You" starts popping up on every radio station across the country. The single is currently competing for PopCrush's current About to Pop honor, up against Rihanna and Justin Timberlake, so be sure to head their and support my new obsession. My fingers are crossed. Job well done Ms. Chambers! Watch the music video below.

A-



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar